Each week we chat with a Mi-Soul listener and grill them about their life and soul. We ask them ten food-for-thought questions.
This week we chat to Swiss- born Mary, a Hotel Receptionist on the island of Fuerteventura, The Canary Islands.
1. Give Us Three Words That Best Describe You.
Crazy, Cool, Funny
2. When And How Did Your Love For Soulful Music Begin?
Don’t know about the exact moment or age. Music was always there, but I remember it was with Marvin Gaye & Tammi Tarrell’s “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. This song came along on the radio and it that moment somethin happened to my Soul.
3. What Are Your Biggest Passions And What Do You Like To Do In Your Spare Time?
My biggest passion is music and I love listening and reading books.
4. What Piece Of Advice Would You Give Your Young Self Now?
Don’t ever let others descourage you from your dreams.
5. Name Your Favourite Top Three Tracks Of All Time.
Oh Wow! That’s a hard one!.. I guess it changes from day to day but, right now I would go with these;
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (M.Gaye & T.Tarrell)
Make It Happen (M.Carey)
6. What Musical Artist Inspires You And Why?
Mariah Carey. She came in a moment of my life where I was struggling, with difficult family issues and through her music she encouraged me to not be afraid of what you are or how you are and just believe in yourself and your dreams. Her music just heals me.
7. Which Mi-Soul Show Do You Enjoy The Most And Why?
TheBIGRnBShow with Ronnie Herel. I love this show cause they always bring new artists from everywhere (UK, Europe, USA). They play more independent artists, which I love and I also love the studio interviews, contests & also their consistent interactation with their listeners – they sometimes play the songs the listeners ask for too! I feel very comfortable listening to this show, I have fun and enjoy the music very much! And Ronnie is a sweetheart! Also his producer Carly!
8. What Was The Last Gig You Went To?
King And Queen Of Hearts WorldTour with Maxwell & Mary J. Blige. Lucky I also had Ro James on the bill as he was the opening act for them.
9. What Artist Would You Like To See Live And Why?
I would love to see many artists, but I would say Toni Braxton is right now on the top of my “wish to see” list.
10. What Tune Can You Not Get Enough Of Right Now?